Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bear Lake

The annual cousins camp out was at Bear Lake this year. I wasn't too excited to go camping this year so we'd decided not to go. But then my dad borrowed my uncle's boat and seemed kinda bummed that no one was going. So we worked it out that we could go up for the day. Zach wasn't too excited and thought it was too much driving for just spending the day but I think he's glad we went. We didn't get off as early as we'd wanted too and then we got lost in Evanston, so it took longer than we were wanting. When we got there the kids changed into their swimsuits and Zach into his bike clothes. The kids and I went and hung out at the beach with everyone while Zach road around the Lake. Luke took a bag of cheetos to the beach and was showing his muscle and orange face for pictures.

After playing at the beach for awhile we headed back to the campsite for lunch. While we were eating lunch Zach showed up after his ride. After lunch I changed and we headed back to the beach. The kids enjoyed playing in the rafts Grandpa blew up for them. Luke had a life jacket on and went pretty far into the water. Blaine took the girls, Zach and I out for a ride on the boat. I just sat on a tube and was pulled by the boat the whole time and Zach joined me for a bit.

Luke was so tired from playing hard all day that he fell asleep in his chair before we could have dinner.
After we ate dinner we packed the car back up and headed out to a shake place. We enjoyed shakes before we headed home. I'm glad we were able to go up for the day and have some fun. The kids are already asking when we can go back.

1 comment:

Dan and Melissa said...

DId I ever tell you how beautiful your family is! I love your kids...they are so great!
Tell Zach he did a fantastic job on the family pics